Why I never shared beauty topic?

Hi all my readers!
As stated from the title of this post, I am sure some of you would be curious and even popped out such similar question on your visits to my blog.
And I even had a feedback from my supportive friend asking me why my blog mainly consists on humble review series on food and itinerary sharing as he is not interested on food hunting actually LOL

Tell me,who do not like to stay beautiful and look good right? Even the men nowadays are also particular in maintaining their image and outlook too!

Sadly, things are not always going through as we wish.
Alright, to be honest, the main reason why I never published beauty-related posts on my blog before is due to my skin problem.

I'm not just literally hypoallergenic or normally called 'sensitive skin' patient as you would think of. Plus, hormone imbalance occurs throughout these yearssssss (no joke, it's since puberty)

The last serious breakout I suffered was earlier this year where my life was like totally dull and I had to wear on medical face mask whenever I was out from home or hostel. I wore it to lecture class daily and even to Bangkok (no choice, I couldn't afford to burn the flight ticket).
I was even asked to take down the face mask by the immigration officer at the airport, oh no, I nearly shed tears at the public place!

I cried a lot a lot whenever I was alone and also on everytime I applied the treatment cream on my face, what I viewed from the mirror was simply scary.

I am diagnosed to have a slight symptoms of rosacea, a skin disease that normally the patient's skin looks rosy and blush on either cheeks, nose area or chin area. This is a common disease in western countries where the fair skin people own the higher probability to be diagnosed. Hence, my cheeks would sometimes look blush or rosy or worse, super serious rosy that would scare anyone.
That is why I really don't like to see people simply claim themselves to have sensitive skin. Hey, please have a proper consultation with the doctor and go for some treatment whereby my condition is that there is no permanent solution to cure it.

Majority of the rosacea patients are allergic to alcohol, heat, spiciness, fragrance and more. So, I'm super particular in putting the cream on my face, checking ingredients on the label is my first task to do. I even ask doctor a lot of questions and look thoroughly on the skin care he prescribe for me. I might sound fussy to you, but I couldn't afford and don't want to get things goes wrong on my face anymore.

Suffering from skin problems simply means less or even zero make up. Thus, I don't practise that, but I'm still a lady after all, I do, occasionally put on simple make up, nothing more than eyeliner and eyebrow, that's all. Face part? No way.

My current skin condition is already stable ( at least no ultimate serious breakout), just that staying away from heat and avoid spicy food are my all time responsibility in order to have my cheeks calm and soothed. My current skin care routine are all prescribed from doctor and to be frank, I just want to take good care on my food intake and daily activities for the sake of leaving my face healthy.

More posts regarding this will be up, stay tuned.

PS: Dare to see some ugly picture of it? HAHA

47 comments

  1. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years. - Audrey Hepburn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nailed it! Thank you for the support, Min young! #youngonlyliveonce LOLLLL

      Delete
  2. Mable you are very beautiful, I dare to see ugly picture, do share some pictures. Hope you recover soon from the skin disease

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you over the courage and support, Shet Ling! Yea, I've at least got over from the 'acne disaster' and I will keep you update with it, thank you very much once again!!

      Delete
  3. There's no ugly person just lazy person. Unfortunately some of the ladies out there have sensitive/ skin problem just like you. But no worries don't be afraid we must be proud of who we are. Maybe you are special in some other things. Hope your skin recover soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, agree with you Olivia. Accept for what it is and improve to reduce the flaws, thank you!

      Delete
  4. Makeup and beauty product is a choice and not a requirement. I hardly use any though they keeping.lying.on my.shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you go more with natural beauty right? Good to hear that too!

      Delete
  5. Makeup and beauty product is a choice and not a requirement. I hardly use any though they keeping.lying.on my.shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be sad dear. I know your feeling. We will share with you the review as if any of them might suit you one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely okay because I accept for what it is, and yes, honest reviews from you guys on beauty products are super essential to me, I really read carefully each and every opinion you guys have been posted actually! thank you very much once again, Shirley!

      Delete
  7. Awh don't be sad about this dear, beauty truly does come from within and you are stunning no matter what. I have a friend who struggles with this as well and pure Aloe Vera from the plant does help reduce the form of a condition. In terms of makeup, many see it as a form of expression, so as long as you are comfortable in your own skin- that at the end of the day is all that matters *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the sharing, yes, tried pure aloe vera before, it works somehow.

      Delete
  8. Don't be put down by this. Look at the bright side. Now you can turn this weakness into a strength to help other women who are in the same situation as you :) every woman is beautiful no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's why this is the first post of the ACNE NIGHTMARE series. I take it as a guide to people who actually suffer the same as me too. Anyway, thank you very much, Audrey!

      Delete
  9. Don't be like this. We women are always beautiful no matter what our skin condition is. as long as we are confident

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you! I accept for what it is while keep improving myself at the same time, thank you!

      Delete
  10. Beauty is skin deep I always say. Stay positive and let your inner beauty shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm guilty of not really putting much effort in taking care of my complexion, I just don't have the passion to do it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it's okay if you don't have much trouble on it, just simple care will do.

      Delete
  12. Cheers dear, confident always make a woman looks great! So yeah, don't upset, your skin problem will be healed & get into pretty girl one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's getting better nowadays and thanks for the words, Jacqueline!

      Delete
  13. Be yourself, be confident! Everyone is beautiful. =3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shini! Yes, everyone is uniquely beautiful in the way they are.

      Delete
  14. Thank you for your courage to share your skin issue with us. We all have our bad moments but I guess for you, you just want the good moments to stay as long as possible. Well, to write about beauty or not is your call, even if you have good skin! I don't write beauty too because I am not comfortable sharing personal photos on my blog, even if it means compromising on traffic and followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just a sharing to people who might face the similar issue as me. It's no harm to expose as the so called nightmare had over. Thank you very much, Emily, for the thoughtful words, much appreciated!

      Delete
  15. Ah, take care babe! I know skin problems is very irritating. At some point of time I visit the skin doctors weekly to get it cure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, you know that feeling, thank you very much, Rane!

      Delete
  16. I have had skin problems before whereby a mere mosquito bite will leave a scar that will stay for a very long time - I know the feeling of inferior when in public - you feel like the public are looking at your skin and start to judge you. Thankful for the supplements (Garam Buluh + Collagen) and skin care (Marine Essence Beauty Bar), the skin is improving now.

    Keep on getting advise from the Doctors and babe, Beauty is more than skin deep.
    Biar tak cantik kulit, asalkan hati baik!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rawlins, for sharing bits of your experience here. Advices and efforts to maintain the skin health is what I can do and yes, I agree with you that ' beauty is more than skin deep'. Thank you very much, once again. ;)

      Delete
  17. stay strong dear...just do what you do best.. ^^ and really hope that your skin will face lesser problems in the future...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe for the comfort! Yes, I will put in efforts to maintain and perhaps get the skin improved in long run. <3

      Delete
  18. natural is always beautiful, doesn't matter if you feel its not pleasant to the eye.. :) be confident!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am not a make up lover...i like natural beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Mable, just be who you are and hell yeah definitely won't mind seeing your photo/selfie. Please don't say that is ugly picture >.< You are brave to share things out and hope that one day your skin will better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...Thank you very much over the courage, Sharon!! Yes, it is now stable and i'm just doing my part to maintain it, thank you very much once again! <3

      Delete
  21. I have some skin issues as well.. but well, we try our best to overcome it and you are just beautiful the way you are...never mind what other people have to say... be confident..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya much agreed, we have to be confident for who we are. Thank you, Miera! ;)

      Delete
  22. I used to have very sensitive skin too, really annoying :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it's been permanently cured now ya? Good to hear that, Ivy.

      Delete
  23. I'm having skin issues myself right now, when I don't have them before and sometimes it scares me because some products can aggravate the problem. However, I hate wearing makeup so it helps keeping the problem at bay because i think it's the chemicals that we put on our faces that sometimes makes it worse. I do hope your problem will go off soon.. And don't worry, beauty is only on the surface. It's what's in your heart that matters most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, sometimes the wrong skincare would actually lead to the issue and we shall stay away from make up like you said, at least let our skin to 'breathe'..and may I know what kind of skin problems you are having right now? Don't mind to share the story with me, Bella!

      Delete
  24. putting on makeup is just an accessories. i leave home with bare face most of the time and i have no issue with it. be confident!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All I can say is learn to grown up and embrace your flaws rather than pity yourself over something you can't control

    ReplyDelete